This cake is for all you dark chocolate lovers. The polka dot cake will satisfy your sweet tooth while at the same time allowing you to still feel good about eating it. You will also have fun making this simple and quick cake. It looks gorgeous when completed so you will feel proud of yourself. Your kids can even make it themselves. My daughter, Leah is the baker in our home. While I do not promote sweets daily, I am a very practical dietitian and follow the moderation and balanced way of eating. I like to recommend the 80/20 rule which simply means that 80% of the time you are enjoying nutritious foods and the other 20% you are enjoying your favorite sweets.
What other sweets satisfy your cravings?
tag @shelbylaranutrition with your delicious cakes!!!
I'm a trained dietitian, mama to 3, and passionate foodie. My goal is to share nutritious, gorgeous, and creative recipes that can be made in under 20 minutes while incorporating evidence-based nutrition and mindful eating.